An exciting new program & budget-friendly way to start your IoT initiative.
This is a student work placement developed to improve productivity with real-time machine connectivity – delivering a fully developed IoT platform for your manufacturing business.
VALUE PROPOSITION FOR MANUFACTURERS
Improve shop floor productivity and lower energy costs
- Qualify for a 75% wage subsidy from ICTC
- A painless way to leverage technology to grow your business
- The student trains your team on applying IoT to the shop floor
- Attract and keep great talent
- Evaluate potential employees on a trial basis
- Help young people launch their career
- Participate in the IoT employer community to share experiences
Value-added wood processors have identified there is a shortage of skilled employees to implement IoT & Industry 4.0 technology adoption.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
To be eligible for the program, employers must be a Canadian manufacturing company and a member of the Bluewater Wood Alliance.
Starting June 15th, 2020 – Student Interviews
August 30th, 2020 – IoT Project Install at your plant
September 8th, 2020 – December 29th, 2020 – Student Work Term
GETTING STARTED IN 4 EASY STEPS:
- Just email us at email@example.com to set up a short introductory call to explain the program details, commitments, costs, and available funding assistance
- If you elect to proceed, we will send you a collection of co-op student resumes for review. You interview the students and offer a placement to a student of your choice
- Fill out a short funding form
- We send you the IoT in a Box kit with some easy homework before to the student arrives
About the Program Partners
North America’s first Industry 4.0 Innovation Center. We are a nonprofit industry cluster with 280 manufacturing members. We work with you to solve your digital challenges using the Industry 4.0 technology platform.
Burlington, ON L7M 1A9
The Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC) is a not-for-profit national centre of expertise for the digital economy. ICTC is the trusted source for creative capacity building programs for the digital economy.
116 Lisgar Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K2P 0C2
Bluewater Wood Alliance (BWA)
Bluewater Wood Alliance is a not-for-profit wood manufacturing cluster serving Southwestern Ontario. They bring like-minded companies together for joint projects in skills development, technology transfer, export development, and experience exchanges in a bottom-up driven organization.
P.O. Box 346
Hanover ON N4N 3H6