Home Page Forums Membership Inquiries Membership Inquiry – ERP System

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Holden
    Participant

A member is looking at switching to an ERP system in the near future. NetSuite is one option they are considering. The member would like feedback and to connect with other members who have implemented an ERP system, particularly if they are using NetSuite or an ERP geared to work with smaller businesses.

To respond with feedback, Click the button below:

Michelle Holden
    Participant

We previously used E2 at a business that sold custom machining services. The system had been implemented years earlier.
    There were several occurrences where costs had calculation errors that our finance department found. We struggled to get support on these issues although I cannot speak to the cause.

Michelle Holden
    Participant

I can help with this membership inquiry! Claude Pellerin Business Development at Cienapps e: cpellerin@cienapps.com c:(819) 679-9831

Michelle Holden
    Participant

Having represented 3 different ERP solutions specifically for the Woodworking industry, researched several others and collaborated with many through mutual clients, I can say that ERP for a small medium shop that does not have a team of engineers to implement and/or a budget well into the six figures, has failed most often than not. The ones that have not been classified as a failure and abandoned are using a fraction of what they intended during the sales process. Unfortunately, I no longer believe in ERP for small and medium sized shops.

We now offer a solution to common woodworking shop problems that has an easy implementation and quick return on investment known as Manufacturing execution systems (MES). These systems are common in other industries and pick up where the CAD/CAM (Cabinet Vision, Microvellum, etc) leave off. They offer the ability to intelligently guide jobs through the shop into shipping and offer relevant dashboards for office use.

The one we work with is called Production Assistant from Web-Cab and has a proven and great success rate.
    Hope this helps!
    Peter Mate President of Planit Canada
    t: 888-824-1474 X 707
    e: peterm@planitcanada.ca

Michelle Holden
    Participant

We used ShopTech E2 for 15 years. Depending on their business, I also know many in the wood industry that use different solutions so I can put them in touch with other people using different systems.

Brad Cairns of Best Damn Doors
    E: brad@bestdamndoors.ca
    p: (519) 494-2883

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.